A Tropical Trekking Expedition
A perfect trip to Costa Rica for a biology class or the outdoor club. Journey deep into the jungles of the Corcovado National Park with a naturalist guide full of information about the wonders and biodiversity of the area. Stay at the Sirenas Park Ranger station for two nights and take day hikes to search for tapir, pumas or maybe even a jaguar! Finish off with a coastal trek of magical panoramas before heading back to civilization.
- Day 1 – Fly to Costa Rica. Group is greeted at the aiport by local trip leaders that will introduce the trip itinerary, policies and procedures once at the hotel. Sleep San Jose.
- Day 2 – Travel to Las Palmas de Osa. Backpacking intro and prep. Sleep in rustic hostel.
- Day 3 – Backpacking to Sirenas Park Ranger station in the Corcovado National Park (22 km). Camp Sirenas station.
- Day 4 – Layover day at Sirenas with a day hike and beach time. Camp Sirenas station.
- Day 5 – Backpack out of Corcovado via Playa Carate (16 km) and transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 6 – Fly home.
# of Days: 5 nights / 6 days
Regions visited: San Jose, Puerto Jimenez and Corcovado National Park
Activities: Backpacking and day hikes in Costa Rica’s premier National Park with certified naturalist guides that will focus on Costa Rica’s biodiversity
Includes: all in-country transportation; all accomodations (all camping gear included except for personal items, sleeping gear and backpacks); all meals; all activities; 1-2 trip leaders depending on the number of students; 1 certified national park guide; 1-2 teachers FOC depending on the number of students.
Does not include: airfare, tips or taxes
Download our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here to learn about the trip price, criteria levels and ratings