The Essence Of
Learn how the humble community of San Luis in Costa Rica has thrived via communal efforts and sustainable methods of livelihood and immerse your students via a local service project. Further your knowledge of the country’s natural wonders while exploring the adventure and unique biodiversity of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park.
- Day 1 – Fly to Costa Rica. Group is greeted at the aiport by 2 local trip leaders that will introduce the trip itinerary, policies and procedures once at the hotel. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 2 – Travel to San Luis, introduction to sustainability, the projects, and the community. Sleep hotel in San Luis.
- Day 3 – Early morning bird watching tour, followed by a full day of community service and an activity with the community in the early evening. Sleep hotel in San Luis.
- Day 4 – Travel to Rincon de la Vieja, river canyon zip line, rappel and climbing tour, short hike in the Rincon de la Vieja National Park, followed by hot springs. Sleep hotel in Rincon de la Vieja.
- Day 5 – River inner tubing tour and transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 6 – Fly home.
# of Days: 5 nights / 6 days
Regions visited: San Jose, San Luis, Rincon de la Vieja
Activities: Community sustainability talk; community service; bird watching; zipline/rappel/climbing tour; volcano hike; hot springs and mud bath; inner tubing
Includes: All in-country transportation; all accommodations; all meals; all activities; 1-3 trip leaders depending number on the of students; teachers FOC depending on the number of students.
Does not include: Airfare, tips or taxes
Download our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here to learn about the trip price, criteria levels and ratings