A Taste Of It All (6 Days)
Capture the full flavor and folklore of Costa Rica with a cultural introduction to authentic lifestyles while visiting a historical hacienda in La Fortuna de Arenal. Follow with a full day of community service at a local school then soak in the therapeutic hot springs. After a thrilling creek canyon tour, continue on to the cloud forests of Monteverde for some hiking and canopy exploration of this natural wonder.
- Day 1 – Fly to Costa Rica. Group is greeted at the airport by local trip leaders that will introduce the trip itinerary, policies and procedures once at the hotel. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 2 – Travel to Arenal, cultural visit of a historical Hacienda for an interactive and very “hands on” intro to the “tico” lifestyle including cooking classes, music and lots of flavor; settle in to hotel. Sleep hotel in La Fortuna.
- Day 3 – Full day of community service with a local school; interactions and presentation by local school kids; evening at the hot springs. Sleep hotel in La Fortuna.
- Day 4 – Exciting creek canyon tour with various rappels followed by transfer to Monteverde. Sleep hotel in Monteverde.
- Day 5 – Ecology hike in the Monteverde Reserve followed by canopy tour with tram ride and hanging bridges and transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 6 – Fly home.
# of Days: 5 nights / 6 days
Regions visited: San Jose, Arenal and Monteverde
Activities: Rural cultural introduction; cooking class; “trapiche” tour; community service; hot springs; canyoning tour; hike in the cloud forest; canopy tour
Includes: all in-country transportation; all accommodations; all meals; all activities ; 1-3 trip leaders depending on the number of students; teachers FOC depending on the number of students.
Does not include: Airfare, tips or taxes.
Download our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here to learn about the trip price, criteria levels and ratings