An Oceanic Expedition
Take advantage of this excellent itinerary to indoctrinate students about the tropical ocean and marine environments of Costa Rica. Begin with a rafting trip on the Savegre River near Manuel Antonio. Follow with surf lessons Playa Uvita in the Marino Ballena National Park. Finish with a four day sea kayaking journey in the Golfo Dulce of the Osa Peninsula to remote beaches, coves and mangroves. Comfort zones will be pushed and a lot of magical transformations will happen in these breathtaking settings.
- Day 1 – Arrival in San Jose. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 2 – Transfer to the Central Southern Pacific coast with a rafting trip on class III rapids along the way. Surf lessons in the afternoon. Sleep hotel in Uvita.
- Day 3 – Surf lessons in the morning and jungle hike to a tropical waterfall in the afternoon. Sleep hotel in Uvita.
- Day 4 – Transfer to Rincon in the Golfo Dulce. Afternoon sea kayaking intro (5 km). Sleep lodge in Rincon.
- Day 5 – Half day of sea kayaking (10 km) and afternoon easy hike in private reserve. Sleep lodge in Rincon.
- Day 6 – Kayak the coast, islands, reefs and mangroves to the most remote regions of the gulf. (16 km) Private camping.
- Day 7 – Snorkel around unique reefs and explore the mangroves by sea kayak (5km) Private camping.
- Day 8 – Kayak across the Golfo Dulce to Puerto Jimenez (16 km). Transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 9 – Fly home.
# of Days: 8 nights / 9 days
Regions visited: Marino Ballena National Park, Golfo Dulce and Piedras Blancas National Park
Activities: White water rafting, Surf lessons, Sea kayaking with private boat assistance and Camping.
Includes: All in-country transportation; all meals; all accommodations; all activities; 1-2 trip leaders and 1-2 kayak guides depending on the number of participants; 1-3 teachers FOC
Does not include: Airfare, tips or taxes.
Download our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here to learn about the trip price, criteria levels and ratings