Discover Costa Rica
Discover Costa Rica’s culture, history, adventure and biodiversity on this journey through our northern territories. Begin with a condensed cultural intro by our community host followed by two full days of service in the town of La Fortuna in Arenal. Continue on our journey and hike the trails of one of our most beautiful national parks, Rincon de la Vieja, and plunge in to some of the singular adventures like tubing and canyoning as well. Finish off with some sea kayaking and surfing at Playa Samara before heading home.
- Day 1 – Arrival in San Jose. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 2 – Transfer to Arenal, introduction to Costa Rican “country culture”, followed by dinner. Sleep hotel in Arenal.
- Day 3 & 4 – Two full days of community service and interactions with a final closing communal festivity. Sleep in hotel in Arenal.
- Day 5 – Transfer to Rincon de la Vieja. Hike in the National Park followed by time at local hot springs. Sleep in hotel in Rincon de la Vieja.
- Day 6 – Morning inner tubing adventure. Afternoon River canyon and canopy tour. Sleep in hotel in Rincon de la Vieja.
- Day 7 – Morning transfer to Samara Beach and afternoon surfing/sea kayaking adventure. Sleep hotel at Samara Beach.
- Day 8 – Morning beach time and souvenir shopping followed by transfer to San Jose. Evening trip closure ceremony. Sleep hotel in San Jose.
- Day 9 – Fly home.
# of Days: 8 nights / 9 days
Regions visited: San Jose, Poas, Arenal, Rincon de la Vieja and Samara
Activities: Waterfall gardens, Volcano Hike, River canyon/canopy Tour, Hot springs, Inner tubing, Surfing or Sea kayaking, cultural immersion and community service.
Includes: All in-country transportation; all meals; all accommodations; all activities; service project coordination and materials; 1-3 trip leaders depending on the number of students; teachers FOC depending on the number of students.
Does not include: Airfare, tips or taxes.
Download our Student Group Journeys ebrochure here to learn about the trip price, criteria levels and ratings